Friday, November 2, 2012

Hike To Mt. LeConte Via Rainbow Falls After 3 Ft. Of Snow From Sandy Pt.3


These are pictures that I took on a hike from Rainbow Falls via Mt. LeConte after Hurricane Sandy had dumped over 3 feet of snow on Mt. LeConte and The Great Smoky Mountains above 5,ooo feet . Such beauty in the snow covered mountains makes everything so pure , so beautiful and so mysterious ! I hope you enjoy all the pictures . Happy Hiking !

Getting closer to Mt. LeConte Lodge

I really love hiking in the snow

“Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity”
― Novala Takemoto,  

Only one-tenth of a mile to go to the lodge

“Every Autumn now my thoughts return to snow. Snow is something I identify myself with. Like my father, I am a snow person.”
― Charlie English

So different with it all covered in snow

I stepped of the side of the trail here and sunk down almost to my waist

Untouched snow such a pleasure to see while hiking

Finally made it to Mt.LeConte Lodge

Amazing the amount of snow in October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment