Follow road status at http://twitter.com/smokiesroadsnps
• Old NC-284 between Big Creek and Cataloochee is schedeled to be closed for approximately two weeks between mid-November and early December for bridge repair. The actual dates of the closure will be posted here once they become available.
• Cades Cove Loop Road will be closed for two days during the week of November 28-December 2 for hemlock woolly adelgid spraying. Spray operations are weather dependent. Exact dates will be posted here once they are determined.
• Foothills Parkway (unfinished section) - the entire unfinished section between Walland and Wears Valley is now closed to all public use until 2015.
Backcountry Areas Closed Due to Tornado Damage - Several trails on the western end of the park are closed until further notice due to extensive damage caused by a EF-4 tornado.
• Backcountry Campsites 3, 11, 15
• Beard Cane Trail
• Cooper Road Trail from the Beard Cane/Hatcher Mountain Trails junction to the Cades Cove Loop Road
• Hatcher Mountain Trail North of its intersection with Little Bottoms Trail
• Rabbit Creek Trail from its junction with Hannah Mountain Trail east to the junction of Abrams Falls Trailhead
• Wet Bottom Trail
Other Backcountry Closures
• The parking area at the Curry Mountain trailhead on Little River Road has been closed for safety and resource protection purposes. Hikers should park in the nearby Metcalf Bottoms Picnic Area.
• Gunter Fork Trail closed due to landslides
• Laurel Gap Shelter is closed through November 13 for construction